MBG Chicago 1 year Birthday!! Breaking of un-healthy patterns: training, eating, restoration
|ONE MONTH BEFORE WE OPENED:) PROBABLY NEW YEARS EVE:) HAHA|
This makes me think of how we all can get into negative patterns that do not feed our heart, our soul, our spirit. Sometimes when teaching i hear "oh i cant do a chin up" or "i've never done a cartwheel before" types of answers. This is a way out of doing things, of facing fears....of growing. In the MBG though i see this on everything we do on everyday.....in relastionships, in training, in eating, in work, etc. Looking at others do this makes me realize how supported we all can become in being negative and not living strong and full. So how do we do this? how do we live in a way that feeds our hearts and brings us happiness and strength? By recognizing when we or others are beating themselves down and instead giving some encouragement...some feedback to strengthen and support, to let ourselves or others see another more positive way.
Some simple ways to make positive change:
All relationships - listen!!:) support and show belief in others that they can do amazing things!!
Training - daily this is a great one...it's the same, pay attention to others, inspire and encourage them to higher levels....as they get stronger so do you and all around you....as tony robbins told me "power is proximity to power" so train with strong people, inspire others to rise up to your level OR challenge yourself to rise up to others higher levels!!
Eating - listen to how your body feels after each meal, change things up alot, have a huge salad for breakfast instead of oatmeal...does that feel better? maybe a green drink and that's all til lunch or later? Again use others as examples to inspire and follow their lead.....THEN you do the same to others that might be looking to you for inspiration!
Yesterday i trained with Jeremy and Mark...two very strong MBG guys (silverbacks)
we did an oldey but a goodie...the one minute on, one minute off of amap reps during that 60 seconds
- heavy push ups + 28k x 22 reps off 3 boxes
- heavy chin ups + 20k x 6 reps
- ....................................... then began the 60/60
- handstand push ups HSPU's x 6 (for sure not feeling very strong today...9am workout, not my friend:)
- assisted MU's (2 reds) x 6 (this is actually alot less than the 2 greens, so not great, not bad though:)
- dips x 41 (this is good, did 34 in a row without pausing which is 4 behind my recent best)
- pullups x 13 (did 12 in a row...not bad, still need alot of work here to hit 25 by june 4th, my goal date!)
- push ups x 44 (good)
- assisted MU's (2 reds, 1 magenta) x 10 (not bad as this is equal to 2 greens)
- top bar dips x 10....this was tough, but we wanted more reps so switched it to
- tiger push ups x 24
- body rows x 45 (okay finished strong:)
that is it for this week my friends!