Day 1 New Cycle: My 3 Training Rules! Great 20 min workout! Powerful Plant Meals!!
Cool video of China Town Playground in NYC:)Feels great to be starting with this new 8 week cycle, Todays workout is Either
a prison 10-1 of press ups and pull ups (L seats) OR 20 minutes amap of each exercise:
Since getting back Jessie and i have been playing catch up and feel like starting the new
8 week cycle is right on time for us as we've just gotten caught up and we're ready to get started!
Part of that was resting the last few days, doing alot of restorative work and Eischens Yoga poses
and also shopping like crazy the last two days so we eat 100% of our meals at home! That is such
a positive way to eat it's incredible. Saves money, gets you eating cleaner, you control everything you eat...that is a huge point....more focused, more results. Knowing what you're eating ahead of time relaxes your mind and gives more confidence for your day and plan!
Follow your plan for: eating (clean), 8 week cycle (simple strong and progressive training) and restoration (eischens yoga, shoulder mobility drills with chest expander and/or jungle gym xt shoulder & hip mobility drills).
MY 3 RULES FOR KEEPING IT REAL POSITIVE AND STRONG OVER THE 8 WEEKS:
- Eat simple, lay out meals ahead of time helps relax your mind alot and frees up alot of time
- Plan your workouts for the 8 week cycle: what's your goals? strength, stamina, re-balancing an injured body/mind? Well depending on this maybe you plan to do 2 strength, 2 stamina and 2 eischens yoga classes a week....plan your work and work your plan!! Here's some examples:
- strength: focus on just those classes and do alot of eischens yoga to restore as well
- stamina: just do the conditioning classes and eischens yoga
- recovery & restoration: just take the eischens yoga classes and then do the warm up drills only from classes if you want....that's low key but you still work some skills my friend!
- Plan getting to bed and resting alot as well my friends! Sleep is your friend, Sleep is where we get stronger and recover...so plan on getting 8-9 a night it's that important to improve your training each and every week!
MBG 2 training: 8 week cycle first workout, i chose the amap in 20 minutes today.
- Started with two ladders: pull ups and dips of 1/3, 2/6, 3/9, 4/12, 5/15 x 2
- Followed with todays 20 minutes amap reps of each pull ups and press ups:
- Pull ups x 7,5,6 / 5,6,6 / 5,4,4 / 4,4,4,4 = 64
- Press ups x 4,4,4/ 3,2,2 / 2,2,2 / 2,2,2,2 = 33
- 5:30 / 11:00 / 15:30 / 20 minutes total
Felt really good: 3.7** Really kept form perfect on everything and did not cheat on any reps for today!
MBG 3 plant based meals:
- Green drink
- Bengal spice tea
- Soaked oats, raw nuts, sunflower seeds, banana, blueberries, life's basics
- figs, almonds
- mung beans, kale salad with pumpkin seed dressing
peace my friends!!:)