TWO tough workouts, tons of mbg work, strong PB meals:) Week 3 of 8
|Simple & Strong:)|
Got to say alot is happening on the MBG front!!:) It's crazy how exciting it is right now:)
We'll keep working hard and you all will see MBG grow alot this year:)
MBG 1 restoration - was pretty busy today so just did the front warrior poses a few times today. This is all Roger had me do when i first began Eischens Yoga and it worked well so when in doubt i do front warrior:) All i do is focus on keeping the hips vertical as i work the shins forward, hips back and crown long...think about it as a box (your hips) and then a triangle expanding around the box. That's the hips staying square and the front shin forward, back thigh in extension back and then the head long towards the sky! It's simple but man does it open up the hips:)
MBG 2 training (MONDAY & TUESDAYS WORKOUT FOR WEEK 3 OF 8)
Monday: Heavy push ups & chin ups at 75% of previous heaviest work, then Boomerang 1...This was interesting because i did not sleep well and was very tired going into this workout but thought i'm going to give it my best....so i do a warm up set for push ups and chin ups and immediately feel like i'm about to cramp up in my biceps:) haha with no load, just a few reps:) maybe i'm a bit dehydrated too:) So i was glad that i dropped to 75% of my max loads for both push and chin ups and just purely focused on strong, quick sets of 2 and nothing to failure. THIS is an extremely positive way to train the power and speed of a movement and getting adapted to it is an excellent way to improve overall strength and power. This also is a great way to feel strong going into the workout and feel positive.
- Push ups: 3 x 2 + 56kg (last week i said i did a 405lb push up....actually i forgot, when doing a push up a male uses about 65% of his bodyweight (women about 55%). So i weight about 220lbs x .65 = 143lbs + 85kg (187lbs) = 330lb push up. Easy way to check this is put your hands on a scale in the push up position and see what you weigh:) simple huh:) haha
- Pull ups: 3 x 2 + 24kg to chest....after these sets i felt much better going into this workout!
- HSPU x *13 (got 8 in a row, best in a while!!:) (1 more rep than last week)
- Bar MU's x *11 (got 9 in a row, my PR!!) This workout was done at MBG Chicago (madison is tougher for doing muscle ups) (2 more reps than last week)
- Dips + 80lb PPU1 x 22 (this was actually much harder than 20lb vest:) so i feel equal to last week or even better!!
- Kips x *30 this is my best for 45 seconds...BUT the hard part here is to improve on this as when i first tested this i only stopped 1 time and got 28 which was a bear, it's actually much easier to wear a vest and do less reps here than to go hard as heck and not stop for 45 seconds:) (so happy i got 2 reps more!)
- Push ups + 80lb PPU1 x 23 (way harder than the vest again!!! so felt this was at least as good as last weeks version with the vest or better...for sure gonna stick with the PPU1)
- JGXT muscle ups x *20 (1 more than i did 3 weeks ago when i last did it with no vest, but man i was hurting here as i forgot how dang hard this is to get amap in 45 seconds and 20 was tough!!)
- Tiger push ups x 19 (no doubt this was equal to or harder than the 20lb vest, these crushed me at this point in the workout and are an awesome sub for the parallette dips...they are equal to the weighted dips for sure, so i'm happy with these numbers and will keep with the tiger push ups!)
- JGXT body rows x *31 (tough again to get all these in in 45 seconds...tough but did it!!)
TUESDAY - BOOMERANG 2 (45/45) After my day i just wanted to get outside and do my best version of this workout and it went really well despite 96 degrees and same humidity!!:)
- 36" box jump x 21
- Broad Jump + PJ120 x *22 yards
- 24" lateral box jumps x 26
- GHD's x *23 with hands on head
- 24" one leg step ups L/R x *24s
- JGXT curls x *36
- Full squats + PJ120 to 12" box x 24
Then did not have bxt for pw full rollouts at the park so did 45/45 of the following
HLR's x 11, PW rollouts x 22, parallel bar leg lifts to V position x 12, lever flutter kicks x 20s
Feel very good about today after all the meetings:) so good workout today!
MBG 3 plant based nutrition -
- Maca cafe
- sweet greens drink - kale, cilantro, apples
- figs & almonds
- spinach wrap, mixed greens, tomato, cucumber, hummus, onions
- organic food bar
- rice, tofu, squash, curry, onions, sprouts
Keep in touch my friends and tell me how your doing okay!!
"Inch by inch" my friends!!!!
peace my friends,