Day 53 of 90: BJJ, Eischens Yoga, Strong food and some training!

This is my AWESOME fruit salad i eat almost daily:)                    
QUESTION - I'M COMING OUT TO NYC TO DO SOME SEMINARS ON OUR EISCHENS YOGA (REBUILDING WARRIORS), OUR TRAINING (BUILDING WARRIORS) AND OUR EATING (LEAN & GREEN WARRIORS). I'M ASKING YOU CAN YOU PASS THE WORD AND HELP US SPREAD THE POSITIVE MESSAGE? I'M APPRECIATIVE MY FRIENDS IF YOU PASS THE WORD TO ANY FRIENDS, FAMILY OR THOSE YOU MIGHT KNOW IN THE NYC, PHILLY, JERSEY AREA. FOR MORE INFO: http://monkeybargym.com/mbg3-seminars.html
MUCH APPRECIATION MY FRIENDS:) NOW CHECK OUT MY MBG 3 TODAY:) HAHA

Today was another good  strong day! Worked on business from 9-12:30, then it was my last day of the off season training Wesley Matthews before he leaves for Portland tomorrow. Then trained BJJ with my buddy Blackbelt Thales Blaso for about an hour....nice training we both got a crazy sweat!!
MBG 1 restoration - Eischens Yoga beginner sequence, after workout hot x 60 sec / cold for 30 x 5 times thru.
MBG 2 training - bjj rolling for 1 hour, then did;
Jungle Gym XT assisted muscle ups for 2 x 12
BXT assisted Handstands R7(2) x 2 x 20
not trying to crush myself today as i did alot of training everyday this week with 2 video shoots:)
planche dip push ups - 3 x 12
L seat chin ups - 3 x 6
Overall a good simple workout...rested from doing HSW and PW crawls today.....probably do it tomorrow:)
MBG 3 eating -
fruit bowl above with extra flax meal, goji, cacao, bee pollen, bananas and some SOlife (for those who've never had it here is the link: http://www.vitaglo.com/nap30596.html )
spinach wrap, hummus, bell peppers, onions, tomato, greens
banana and some peanut butter (just know this is dope organic pb:) haha
huge plate of collard greens, black beans, thai vegetables....awesome awesome meal!!
sweet potato
dessert of earth cafe raw vegan cheesecake...dope! https://earthcafetogo.com/onlinestore/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=eoramvkh4mdhgfg68hh92tpa87
without question the best and healthiest cheesecake in the world....its all raw plants and allllll good!!!
late night - bit of popcorn:)

overall another good day, busy, got alot done, chilled with jessie a bit and ate great:)
peace brahs!
jon

Comments

  1. Jonny, hittin the BJJ again!!!??? Awesome, I'm thinkin of doin the same! Who trains you, your instructor at MBG or you did some rollin with friends?

    Psyched for October 21 at Underground!!!

    Just had red and blackberries, gotta up the salads and find a way to remove the meats from the diet!

    Miss ya bro!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, getting back into it, training with my friend who now teaches at the MBG Thales Blaso, a black belt he's a good buddy and we have great training sessions....it's fun again:)!!
    for now zach try just subbing fake meats into your diet like tofu sausages, veggie patties that are all natural or some beans...that is how you can start to transition.
    see you soon brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon

    I have passed the word along. A girl at my job saw the china study on my desk and asked me about it.Her mom was reading the book. All of the sudden she starts sending me emails about it. And I told her that you where going to be in NY and that if her mom wanted they should check out your seminars. So they are intrested.My wife took me out last night for my Birthday so we went to the movies. I had to pick the place to eat we went to the tick tock diner. I had a vegan burger no soy in it with salsa and sweet potatoe fries really good stuff.Zach vegie burgers are the best to replace meat but you have to get them with no soy. That is what is hard to do. I try to stay away from anything with soy.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Zach,

    When you are trying to eliminate meat from the diet it's important not to restrict calories. You are a big, strong guy and at least in the short term, you may even want to increase your caloric intake. As Jon told me recently, you body needs time to adjust and extract all of the nutrients from your food rather than simply pass it through as it has learned to do with junk food.

    I have had success with incorporating good amounts of sweet potatoes, yams, quinoa, kamut, sprouted grain breads, black beans, pinto beans, lentils, almonds, walnuts, nut butters, etc. These are satisfying in a similar way to meat. If I just eat fruits and veggies, I burn through them way to quick, get into a hunger hole and fall of of the wagon.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. on the money guys!! love the dialog and helping my boy progress into eating plant based. your points you both made are really right on. john with trying to eat veggie burgers that are pure 100% plants:) without being processed. brad about eating more than just fruit and vegs....making sure you get some strong starches like sweet potatoes, kamut, etc along with raw nuts and seeds. that makes for a strong strong nutrition plan!!:) EXCELLENT GUYS!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to do a Flagpole in 5 steps! 2 super Plant Strong meals!

Handstand Walking tutorial - step 2!!

Fun day a Eating....not so fun next day:) My training AND Great Handstand Video!