Day 43 of 90: My BOOK!! Jumping again!! Back dome crawls!! Great eats!!
Monkey Bar Gym Chicago!!:)Another good day, worked on my book...YES:) i've been working on a book...for about 6 years:) haha:) but it's looking pretty good nowadays and i'm thinking i'm gonna finish it by new years!! Also jumped again today after 2 weeks off from a slight tweak while in arizona and the Eischens Yoga is getting back on track quickly...this time PATIENCE:) No jumping vertical til i'm ready:) Then did some fun training today too...that was a blast! Feeling better each day that i'm back home and the lung burn is getting less each day. Also worked alot on MBG Chicago and discussed our Monkey Bar Gym 60 Day Fitness Challenge. On our MBG Chicago we're designing the most wicked bar system we can and that is gonna be off the hook!! Also gonna have our stahl bars, traveling rings, BXT's, and all other fun stuff we have in MBG Madison:) Man we're so excited about it, it's gonna be a great local for us along with our courses & seminars.
MBG 1 restoration - Eischens Yoga lots of back domes:) and beginner sequence
It is crazy how when i met Roger Eischens back in july 1997 i was totally jacked up:) Super tight ankles, hips, shoulders. My ankles were so tight i could not squat past 90 degrees without lifting my heels. My hips were so tight i had massive lordosis and low back pain so much could not stand for more than 5 minutes without severe back pain. My shoulders were so tight that when i first tried back dome i could only hit the backs of my hands on the ground over my head, Roger had to work with me for 20 minutes just so i could get near having my palms face the floor...not touch the floor...i'm saying just facing the floor:) on my fingertips....it was horrible. But i did not know, did not know that was super un-healthy in all areas...i just thought i had a knee injury that led to back pain. Then as i began un-doing all the tightness in my body i began to understand WOW i'm jacked up:) haha
So doing what i did today was really cool and really made me think back about when first starting Eischens Yoga....TODAY i did back dome floor walks across the MBG floor 15 yards in 2 sets! This was not even a possibility when i began EY, and that and doing wall back dome wall walk ups today was also amazing.
- Back dome wall walk ups are simple; kick up into a handstand with back to wall, then walk away from the wall as about 3-4 feet, then walk feet down the wall til you can touch the floor and then back up again to starting position...up/down for 5 reps. If you want to open up the shoulders and hips, along with the Daily Eischens Yoga work, this will do you GREAT!!! Felt awesome in both today after doing this drill for about 4-5 sets. Then did the back dome floor walk.
- Broad Jumps x R8 Green x 2/1/0: 6 for 45' / 5 for 41' / 5 for 44'
- Full squats (hands behind head) to 6" box: 3 sets of 10 with big focus on feet alignment
- Power Wheel leg curls on hands only...hard:) 3 sets of 10 with focus on feet again...good one:)
- box planche holds (feet above hips) for 3 sets of 45 seconds each set
- chin up holds hands to chest for 3 sets of 40 seconds each set...dang that was hard:) haha
MBG 3 eating Plant Based!!
- My big fruit bowl: grapes, dates, bananas, strawb's, goji, cacao, bee pollen, SOLife, walnuts
- Mixed greens, tomato, zuchini, carrots, corn, peas, 2 veggie patties, beets, flax oil, sliced almonds
- Sweet potatoes
- Banana with natural chocolate peanut butter called yummy peanut butter...dang! good! off the hook!!
- Greens, tomato, zuchini, corn, peas, pinto beans, sunflower seeds...then some hummus and raw flax chips:)
MY QUESTION FOR YOU: Do you think my book should be about how i founded the MBG and my training philosophy and program? Or The Monkey Bar Gym 30 days to change your life and the save our planet!!
Tell me which you like more of if you have another title:) your feedback is much appreciated my friends:)